Student Registration: University Graduate - Conditional
You should apply for student registration as a University Graduate - Conditional if you:
- Are currently enrolled in a full-time undergraduate program leading to a degree and are not in your final semester (If you are enrolled in your final semester select the registration category University Graduate)
- Are an undergraduate co-op student
- Are an undergraduate student on a work term
- Are an undergraduate student on an internship
- Have completed at least 30 credit hours at an academic institution, are working towards a degree, but has not yet completed all of the academic requirements
- Are any of the above and want to start recording relevant practical experience
Upon application for student registration a University Graduate - Conditional student must:
- Create a profile on My Portal
- Select the registration category ‘University Graduate - Conditional’
- Submit a Student Registration application and complete the Character/Bankruptcy declarations
- Upload a Proof of Legal Name document
- Submit a current dated proof of enrollment letter and an unofficial transcript from your post-secondary institution by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Upon application for student registration a University Graduate - Conditional student will pay:
- Annual Student Dues (ASD) of $300 plus HST
- Student Registration fee of $125 plus HST
If you request to withdraw or cancel your application for student registration or your application for registration is denied by the Registrar, the initial Student Registration fee of $125 plus HST will be considered forfeit (non-refundable). Once the student registration is approved; the Annual Student Dues (ASD) and the initial registration fee are non-refundable.
Usual processing time for student registration applications is 10 business days following receipt of all documents and payment. Processing times will be longer during peak times or if there are any character or bankruptcy declarations. You will receive a student registration confirmation email once you have been approved for registration as a student with CPA Ontario.
You do not need to submit a transcript assessment application if you are in your first, second or third year. A transcript assessment application should be submitted when you are completing your final semester in your fourth or final year. If you are intending to enroll in either the CPA Professional Education Program (PEP) or the CPA Preparatory courses, you will need a completed transcript assessment. You will be required to submit your official transcripts once you have conferred your degree.
Annual Student Dues (ASD) for a University Graduate - Conditional student
A University Graduate – Conditional student shall renew registration on an annual basis by submitting the Annual Student Dues (ASD) of $300 plus HST through My Portal by the due date of January 1. Each year you will receive reminder emails to submit your Annual Student Dues (ASD) prior to the due date. If the Annual Student Dues (ASD) application and payment is not submitted by March 1, a late fee of $100 will be applied. If the Annual Student Dues (ASD) application and payment, including late fee, is not submitted by April 1 you will be subject to suspension. If you do not reinstate prior to June 1 you will be deregistered.
A student who is registered as a University Graduate – Conditional student may be registered on a conditional basis for a maximum period of seven years.
Once you have met all of your degree requirements your registration category will be updated to a University Graduate and you will be required to submit the Annual Student Dues of $600 plus HST by the due date of January 1 each year that you are a student.
Registered students will be subject to deregistration if all requirements of the CPA Professional Education Program (PEP), including passing the Common Final Exam (CFE) and Practical Experience are not completed by the prescribed deadlines outlined in Regulation 9-1, s.47.