Become a Part-time Practice Inspector
The success of Practice Inspection relies upon the commitment and expertise of our inspectors. We are seeking members to apply for part-time inspector positions for the 2020-2021 inspection year, commencing in May 2020. In order to fulfill this role, you must be a member in good standing of CPA Ontario and either a manager or partner/sole practitioner (or equivalent) in a public accounting practice whose clientele includes a variety of audit and review engagements. Please note that we are not seeking candidates to perform inspections of “compilation engagement, only” practices at this time. A minimum commitment of 15 days per year (or approximately 110 hours) is required, to a maximum of 30 days (approximately 225 hours); the current rate of reimbursement is $155 per hour.
A prerequisite to the performance of practice inspections is attendance at a training session, to be held in Toronto in May 2020 (exact dates and location to be advised). In addition to members who have familiarity with CPA Canada Handbook – Accounting, Part II (Accounting Standards for Private Enterprises) and Part III (Accounting Standards for Not-for-Profit Organizations), we invite applications from members whose qualifications include one or more of the following:
- Fluency in written business French, in addition to English;
- Current practice is registered with the Canadian Public Accountability Board (CPAB) and presently includes listed entity audit clients;
- Current assurance clients whose financial statements are prepared under the following frameworks:
- CPA Canada Handbook - Accounting, Part I - International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS), e.g. credit unions, investment funds, mortgage investment companies, utilities, government business enterprises, etc.; or
- Public Sector Accounting (PSAs), e.g. municipalities, hospitals, school boards, First Nations, etc.
Members who are retired from public practice for not more than one year and whose recent public accounting activities would otherwise meet the criteria set out above are also encouraged to apply, in particular those residing in eastern and southwestern Ontario.
If you are interested in applying, please complete the Application for Part-Time Practice Inspector. This document is a fillable, saveable PDF and includes instructions for submission. We should receive your completed application not later than January 31, 2020. While we appreciate the interest of all applicants, we will respond only to those whom we wish to interview for further consideration.